20. March 2012 00:49
We released the 2.2 update some time ago, but we haven’t got the chance to post the release notes. So here they are:
- Added an option to hide the Milky Way texture
- Live tiles with the sun, moon information
- Implemented search while in the point to sky mode; we now display some arrows to guide you to the object you searched for
- Improved About page
- Select the search text in the search page when opening the page
- Improved the compass calibration instructions by pointing to a post on our blog with more details about calibration
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements
5. October 2011 20:46
We’ve just published SkyMap 1.5, which is the first update that targets Windows Phone 7.5 (also known as mango). This update adds the most wanted feature – compass support! It is the feature that we wanted to add right from the first version, but it just wasn’t possible on the previous versions of the Windows Phone OS.
How to use the compass
Please make sure that you are away from magnetic interferences. Large metal objects, power wires, magnets, speakers, etc. can affect the accuracy of the compass.
When you launch the new version, expand the application bar and click on the enable point to sky item. The first time you may get a Compass Calibration screen. Follow the instructions as indicated on the screen, until the status at the bottom says “Complete”.
From our experience, the compass calibration may take quite a while (especially when done the first time). Take your time, have patience and it will eventually get calibrated.
For more information about using the point to sky feature, please refer to the help page included in the application (you can find it in the application bar).
What’s new in SkyMap 1.5
- Compass support
- New sensors bar, that replaces the navigation bar in the point to sky mode
- Fast app switching
- The system tray respects the night mode theme (the system tray is setting is available only in the full version of the app)
- New night mode button in the quick settings bar, to make it easier to switch the night mode on and off
- The point to sky mode now supports the pinch to zoom gesture
- The show more/less stars now offers a wider range of values to better match the sky you see in your area
- Reorganized some of the items in the quick settings bar and the application bar
This update requires Windows Phone 7.5 (mango).
This update also includes the improvements we made in SkyMap 1.4 (which is also available for Windows Phone 7.0). You can find more information about the SkyMap 1.4 update here.